Manage Password Settings provides the functionality to place specific password requirements for all Users.
Password Security is a critical issue for computers user in general and the subsequent need for smart-formatting passwords is ever increasing.
Use this feature to manage:
- Password Length – select the number of characters required
- Password Must Contain – select number of Upper Case Characters
- Password Must Contain -select number of Lower Case Characters
- Password Must Contain – select number of Numeric Characters
- Password Must Contain – select number of Special Characters, these should not contain the following characters: +, *, $, @.
- Password Cannot Have – select number of Repeating Characters
- Expire Password After – select number of days
- Password Must Be Different From Any Of The Last – select numeric value
- Require Passwords on PPC Device – check if a password is required when logging into the device, this is only applicable with the Windows Mobile Pocket PC, it does not omit the requirement for a password on the Smart device apps.